Accessible contact with a specialist
- Via Hikos you can easily interact with a medical specialist
- And thanks to this discussion, you will be better prepared for the next appointment with your own doctor
- You feel more confident, have more control and are better able to make informed decisions about your medical choices
An appointment in 3 steps
1. Scheduling and paying for the appointment
With the simple appointment planner you choose the time and date and schedule a virtual consultation. Once the appointment is planned, you can pay easily and securely with iDeal. Not sure which specialist to speak to? Contact us, we are happy to help.
2. Complete the online questionnaire
You will receive a confirmation email with a questionnaire. The questions focus on your medical situation. Completing the form will help you prepare for the call with the Hikos doctor and also help you to clarify for yourself exactly what you want to know. In addition, the form provides the medical specialist with background information to help you get the most out of the conversation.
3. Video call or telephone contact
You will be invited to participate in a video call. If you would rather have a telephone appointment, please let us know. The medical specialist will call you from a private (anonymous) number. Ensure that you are in a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Keep pen and paper at hand, so that you can take notes. The call will last at most 20 minutes.
Especially for Parents: "Worried about your Child?"
Patients with non-acute problems are more likely to have difficulty making an appointment with a healthcare provider due to the corona crisis. In addition, waiting lists are getting longer and longer. When it comes to your child, however, you’ll want to spar with a specialist today. We can bring you into contact with professional child specialists who can make time for you now.